Non Resident Ordinary accounts (NRO)

These are rupee denominated accounts and can be opened in the form of a Savings or Current Account, or a Fixed Deposit.

Safe Deposit Lockers

As a NRO account holder, you can avail of our safe deposit locker facilities at select branches. For your convenience, these lockers are available in a variety of sizes. Locker fees will be debited from your Savings Account.


Legitimate dues in rupees, of the account holder can be deposited in the account.

Tax is deducted at source on the interest earned at a flat rate of 30%.

Nomination facilities are available for these accounts.

These accounts can be held as joint accounts with other NRIs or other resident Indians.

For NRO fixed deposits, the interest rate is the same as that for domestic deposits.

Undertaking to be given while opening NRO. All stating therein that foreign currency against reimbursement will not be parted to any person residing in India.  

All local payment e.g. elect e.g. electricity charges, Municipal taxes etc., can be made from this account

The balances in the a/c cannot be converted into foreign currency.

You can also open the account while on person visit to India  by simply surrendering foreign exchange in the form of traveler's cheque/currency notes and on producing your passport.



Introduction Documents Initial Pay-in
  • Copy of Passport*
  • Copy of Visa*
  • Power of Attorney (optional)
  • Two Photos
  • Funds transferred from existing NRE Account
  • Remittance from abroad
  • Foreign Currency Travelers Cheques
  • Foreign Currency notes/ coins
  • Cash in Indian Rupees

* Copies of Passport and Visa must be attested by the Branch Manager (overseas)/Notary Public or an official of the Indian Embassy in the country of residence or Employer. In case of attestation by employer,latest overseas bank statement in original 

Undertaking to send intimation about returning to India from permanent residence immediately on arrival.

Opening of ordinary Non-Resident Account in any form by the nationalities of Bangladesh, Pakistan or South Africa requires approval from the RBI.